Another wonderful idea found on Pinterest, that I wanted to take my own stab at.
I added a couple of my own touches, which you are more than welcome to do (different ornaments, colored lights etc.)
You will need:
- 1 or 2 foam cones - 1 cone is much easier to work with (I got mine from Michaels for about $4)
- Wine Corks
- Tree topper (I used a cardboard star ... about $4 from Michaels as well)
- 5ft strand of lights
- Hot glue gun
1. Start by wrapping the lights around the foam cones in the arrangement you want them. I started at the bottom, left some slack to plug into the wall... and wrapped from the bottom up to the top. (MAKE SURE your lights work before you glue them on the tree!)
2. Glue the star (or another topper) to the cone.
3. Once the lights and topper are glued into place... begin your cork arrangement. There's really no wrong way to do this... just as long as you leave some lights poking through, and cover the rest of the foam. I chose to go with a staggered, random pattern rather than something symmetrical.
4. Once you have finished with the corks... step back, and see if you've missed any holes or spots that look bare. You can fill them in with corks or with ornaments. I filled mine in with some mini bulbs and berries.
5. Bam! Less than 5 steps for this easy and cute DIY...? Just perfect :)